Hey there Snookers et al.
Let’s talk about the coming Winter event.
The key details to remember
- When: From Sunday, December 19th [noonish CET — we like to sleep in] to Sunday the 26th afternoon.
- Look & Feel: Festive Lair and game-map. You’ll be able to see that your Lair (the screen before the game itself, where you can see your snooks), the game map and basically all of Snook’s GUI is decorated and has a festive new look.
- Gifts! So pay attention, during the Winter Event, for every kill you make you will be rewarded with a special limited-edition gift (unless a Trait is dropped). You’re welcome 😉
More about the winter holidays gifts
During the event, every time a snook dies without dropping a Trait, a gift will drop instead.
If you’ve been paying attention to our recent publication of the new Snook economy Light-paper, you can notice that this “every kill is rewarded” (either by Trait or by gift) is similar to the Pay Per Kill concept. It’s not a coincidence. We will be using the Winter event to observe the dynamics around this new reward system.
Once the snook leaves the game (either because it died or because it successfully extracted), the Snooker will be routed to the Lair (the main-screen) where a pop-up screen will appear — see below:
There will be 3 types of gifts:
- A special limited-edition Holidays-themed Icing Trait that you will only be able to get as a gift
- A shiny newly-minted snook
- $SNK in varying amounts
There will also be a limited-edition Special Skin — Father Snoo-ho-ho-ho-k, that will only be available during the Winter Holidays week.
See you there you Princes of Snook, you Kings of New Snookland ~~~~~~;)